[FFmpeg-user] Problem with recorded YouTube stream

Carl Zwanzig cpz at tuunq.com
Wed Apr 22 21:04:40 EEST 2020

On 4/22/2020 10:39 AM, H wrote:

> I downloaded the latest version for CentOS 7 from the ffmpeg website
> after your first e-mail and my two previous posts were based on that.
And that is not the _latest_ ffmpeg (forget about "for centos", it's not).

All of these errors say the basically the same thing, the file is well-damaged-

> [mov,mp4,m4a,3gp,3g2,mj2 @ 0x215fe80] moov atom not found
> RRTepdBvUFE.mp4: Invalid data found when processing input

> [mov,mp4,m4a,3gp,3g2,mj2 @ 0x7fca54c41360] moov atom not found
> [mov,mp4,m4a,3gp,3g2,mj2 @ 0x7fca2cc09fa0] moov atom not found

 > [ffmpeg/demuxer] mov,mp4,m4a,3gp,3g2,mj2: moov atom not found

(mplayer can't even tell the format)
> RAWDV file format detected.
> VIDEO:  [DVSD]  720x480  24bpp  29.970 fps    0.0 kbps ( 0.0 kbyte/s)
> Selected video codec: [ffdv] vfm: ffmpeg (FFmpeg DV)

If you google for "moov atom not found", you'll find a pile of suggestions
and pointers to some tools. At this point, that will probably help more than
poking about with ffmpeg options.

For future recordings, consider using a different output container like flv
or ts (or mkv?); those are more resilient to streaming errors.

z!