[FFmpeg-user] Problem with recorded YouTube stream

Edward Park kumowoon1025 at gmail.com
Wed Apr 22 19:15:07 EEST 2020

Hi,
> [NULL @ 0x248ee00] Opening 'RRTepdBvUFE.mp4' for reading
> [file @ 0x248f620] Setting default whitelist 'file,crypto'
> Probing mov,mp4,m4a,3gp,3g2,mj2 score:100 size:2048
> [mov,mp4,m4a,3gp,3g2,mj2 @ 0x248ee00] Format mov,mp4,m4a,3gp,3g2,mj2 probed with size=2048 and score=100
> [mov,mp4,m4a,3gp,3g2,mj2 @ 0x248ee00] type:'ftyp' parent:'root' sz: 32 8 227566402
So it looks like the file appears to be 227,566,402 bytes, most of which you'd expect to be taken up by the mdat atom
> [mov,mp4,m4a,3gp,3g2,mj2 @ 0x248ee00] ISO: File Type Major Brand: isom
> [mov,mp4,m4a,3gp,3g2,mj2 @ 0x248ee00] type:'free' parent:'root' sz: 8 40 227566402
> [mov,mp4,m4a,3gp,3g2,mj2 @ 0x248ee00] type:'mdat' parent:'root' sz: 0 48 227566402
But it is shown as 0 bytes long for some reason. Maybe it is a placeholder that was supposed to be replaced with the actual size afterwards because you can't know how long the atom is until you've finished writing it.
> [mov,mp4,m4a,3gp,3g2,mj2 @ 0x248ee00] type:'ftyp' parent:'root' sz: 32 8 227566402
> [mov,mp4,m4a,3gp,3g2,mj2 @ 0x248ee00] ISO: File Type Major Brand: isom
> [mov,mp4,m4a,3gp,3g2,mj2 @ 0x248ee00] type:'free' parent:'root' sz: 8 40 227566402
> [mov,mp4,m4a,3gp,3g2,mj2 @ 0x248ee00] type:'mdat' parent:'root' sz: 0 48 227566402
> [mov,mp4,m4a,3gp,3g2,mj2 @ 0x248ee00] moov atom not found
> [AVIOContext @ 0x2497800] Statistics: 65536 bytes read, 3 seeks
> RRTepdBvUFE.mp4: Invalid data found when processing input
And I guess it goes back to the start? Not sure but either way it doesn't find the moov atom. You could try looking for it, by opening the file as plain ascii text and literally searching for 'moov' but I can't help but think the correct size for the previous atom would have been filled in if the script's ffmpeg invocation got to that point. Still, if the file's taking up ~260MB on disk, maybe the byte count is selling the file short for some reason, and it might be there near the end.

But your newest version of ffmpeg is still pretty old, you should try with an up-to-date version first, it probably has as much of a chance of working as any other method.

Regards,
Ted Park