[FFmpeg-user] Failed to open codec in avformat_find_stream_info

Mark Filipak markfilipak.windows+ffmpeg at gmail.com
Wed Apr 1 08:31:49 EEST 2020

On 04/01/2020 12:56 AM, Ted Park wrote:
-snip->>> bluray
>>>         Read BluRay playlist.
>>>         The accepted options are:
>>>         angle
>>>             BluRay angle >
>>>         chapter
>>>             Start chapter (1...N)
>>>         playlist
>>>             Playlist to read (BDMV/PLAYLIST/?????.mpls)
>>>         Examples:
>>>         Read longest playlist from BluRay mounted to /mnt/bluray:
>>>                 bluray:/mnt/bluray
>>>         Read angle 2 of playlist 4 from BluRay mounted to /mnt/bluray, start from chapter 2:
>>>                 -playlist 4 -angle 2 -chapter 2 bluray:/mnt/bluray
>>
>> I must confess that I don't know what that's about.
>
> It’s like any other protocol, like how you could use concat:INPUT1|INPUT2|… to literally concatenate the inputs, on the block level i think? Or crypto:encryptedfile.ts with key parameters to decrypt, for BD-ROMs you would put bluray:/mnt/bd or bluray:/dev/loop0 or whatever your bluray device is, and provide the playlist in the BDMV filesystem along with the other parameters to specify what to read from the disk. For the mount point in windows, maybe it just takes a drive letter?

Oh, I see. So you think the inability to get the subtitle streams is related to the component that
accesses the BD? Right? If so, I'm a bit mystified because I don't see how ffmpeg would know which
MPLS (playlist file) relates to the M2TSs that I concatenated or even where the MPLS was located on
the disc.

Does that mean I should also point ffmpeg to the particular MPLS? I think I know how to suss out the
particular MPLS, but how would I point ffmpeg to it? Or am I completely missing the point -- it
would be the first time in the last minute or so. :-)

Thanks, Ted.

Mark.