[FFmpeg-user] Use ffmpeg to delay webcam feed with dshow displayed locally

scott denton scottd777 at yahoo.com
Fri Feb 15 01:36:48 EET 2019

 Hi Ted,
Thanks again for all your suggestions.  Ok, I will try to get this delay with a file, or something like that.
I'm curious though, what happens function / command wise when you hit the pause key because this ends up producing the results I'm looking for.  When you hit the pause key and then 10 seconds un-pause it, you end up with a live stream which is 10 seconds delayed.
I guess what you are saying is there is not a good way to replicate that using the filters or other options?
Scott

    On Thursday, February 14, 2019, 1:28:59 PM PST, Ted Park <kumowoon1025 at gmail.com> wrote:

 > ./ffmpeg.exe -f dshow -video_size 160x120 -framerate 30 -i video="Integrated Webcam" -filter setpts=expr=PTS+10/TB -pix_fmt yuv420p -f sdl
ohhh wait. SDL gives you a hw surface to draw on if I understand correctly? So it will happily gobble up frames and draw them fast as it can whenever it gets it, I doubt they are even timestamped.

You need the 10 seconds of delayed frames to be stored anyway (I was thinking of keeping them in memory) so I would say just write to file and play back after delay. There is no output at realtime function.