[FFmpeg-user] What is option -level ?

Ulf Zibis Ulf.Zibis at gmx.de
Fri Feb 15 01:28:48 EET 2019

Hi Jonathan,

thanks for your hints. Unfortunately they have been already  known to
me, but there still remain 2 questions from my side:
- The '+' with "-flags" arguments, I can imagine, it serves as
separator. But is that all, has '-' another meaning too? There is no
explanation on this at:
https://www.ffmpeg.org/ffmpeg-codecs.html#Codec-Options
- How to determine, if global codec options (e.g. "-level") are valid
for audio, video or both.
Please note that the variables in my option set as a template are filled
with values from K9Copy before the command is propagated to bash.

-Ulf