[FFmpeg-user] Error in audiotoolboxenc.o when compiling on OS X 10.6.8

Jonathan Alland wowfunhappy at gmail.com
Mon Aug 12 16:08:44 EEST 2019

> I wonder what you need this binary for.

Nothing so important! I have a deep fondness for Snow Leopard, and I'm trying to see how much of the software I regularly use can be made to work. Static binaries are also just a strong preference.

> Use --disable-audiotoolbox (and possibly --disable-videotoolbox)

Thank you! I'm somewhat embarrassed I didn't figure that out myself. I might try that Macports patch later.

Fwiw, I didn't need to use --disable-videotoolbox. I did need to switch to gcc8, and disable html-docs and ffprobe (I put zero effort into getting ffprobe to work, as I never use it.)

The compilation went through, but it looks like the resulting binary still relies on several .dylib's (tested by moving to a fresh machine). I have been using MacPorts to install ffmpeg's dependencies. Do I need to go through and manually recompile all of them with --disable-shared and/or --enable-static? I will if I have to, but I'm not looking forward to it...