[FFmpeg-user] Error in audiotoolboxenc.o when compiling on OS X 10.6.8

Moritz Barsnick barsnick at gmx.net
Mon Aug 12 11:55:45 EEST 2019

On Mon, Aug 12, 2019 at 00:25:14 +0200, Carl Eugen Hoyos wrote:
> Am Mo., 12. Aug. 2019 um 00:16 Uhr schrieb Jonathan Alland <wowfunhappy at gmail.com>:
> > I am trying to compile a build of ffmpeg on macOS X 10.6.8. My hope is to eventually get a
> > statically linked binary which is also Snow Leopard compatible.
[...]
> > libavcodec/audiotoolboxenc.c:70:20: error: use of undeclared identifier
> >       'kAudioFormatMPEG4AAC_ELD'
> >             return kAudioFormatMPEG4AAC_ELD;
>
> Use --disable-audiotoolbox (and possibly --disable-videotoolbox)

MacPorts apparently had a patch for this:
https://trac.macports.org/changeset/148793/
https://trac.macports.org/browser/trunk/dports/multimedia/ffmpeg-devel/files/patch-libavcodec-audiotoolboxenc.c.diff?rev=148793

but eventually they just disabled toolbox for OS X < 10.7:
https://trac.macports.org/changeset/148816/

Not sure which of the two is correct - just saying.

Cheers,
Moritz