[FFmpeg-user] Stream an encoded video content and play the URL using ffplay with decryption ket

rosmi sebastian rosmi745 at gmail.com
Mon Sep 24 13:05:19 EEST 2018

We have a requirement to  stream  an encrypted mp4 file   using the ffmpeg.
We dont require the transport layer security.
How to play the rtsp url created by ffmpeg for the  encrypted mp4 file
(download the file ,decrypt and play is not valid in our case).

i tried the below commands
ffmpeg -i sample_enc.mp4 -v 0 -vcodec mpeg4 -f mpegts udp://127.0.0.1:23000

ffplay udp://127.0.0.1:23000 -decryption_key xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

but it failed. Plz help on this