[FFmpeg-user] ffplay RTP: dropping old packet received too late

Alex Molon alex.molon at vision247.com
Mon Oct 1 18:05:30 EEST 2018

Did you try to use -f rtp_mpegts ?

-----Original Message-----
From: ffmpeg-user [mailto:ffmpeg-user-bounces at ffmpeg.org] On Behalf Of Gáll Péter
Sent: 28 September 2018 09:49
To: ffmpeg-user at ffmpeg.org
Subject: [FFmpeg-user] ffplay RTP: dropping old packet received too late

I have a machine which streams live audio to a multicast address:  ffmpeg
-f alsa -i hw:0 -acodec libmp3lame -ab 128k -f rtp rtp://
239.123.13.101:56789. I catch that stream with ffplay: ffplay rtp://
239.123.13.101:56789.It works fine until I stop ffmpeg and start it again.
If I restart ffmpeg (when ffplay still running), I get the error message
from ffplay: RTP: dropping old packet recieved too late. Is there a
solution to "re-receice" the newly started stream, without restarting
ffplay?

Thanks,
Peter