[FFmpeg-user] Concat with listing all files in command?

Carl Eugen Hoyos ceffmpeg at gmail.com
Sat Nov 17 18:42:09 EET 2018

> I want to concat various video files with ffmpeg (in WinOS). Therefore I
> used so far the following command:
>
>    ffmpeg.exe" -f concat -safe 0 -i "D:\clips\filelist.txt" -c copy
> "ffmpegconcatout.mp4"
>
> Where D:\filelist.txt contains all filenames to concatenate.
>
> Now I want to change the command so that no intermediate
> file is necessary any more.

No intermediate file is used in above command, you simply have
to provide the names of the files you want to concatenate.

It is possible with some shell magic to pipe the file names
into the ffmpeg command but above solution is usually
simpler.

$ echo "file file1" | ffmpeg -f concat -i -
but you need a linebreak for more files, and I don't know
how to do it in a Windows shell.