[FFmpeg-user] RTP streaming and port blocking

DopeLabs dopelabs at dubstep.fm
Wed Jul 25 13:48:06 EEST 2018

ffmpeg does not 'block' ports. it is not listening on port 9000, ffmpeg is outputting to the ip on port 9000 so its expecting something to be running on that port already, to receive the stream ffmpeg is sending.

i suggest you check your firewall settings, the firewall settings on the destination system, and any settings on the switch or router that may be between you and the destination system.

also make sure whatever software thats supposed to be listening for the ffmpeg stream on port 9000 is configured correctly and running. (log files can be informative)