[FFmpeg-user] How to fix video artifacts on ddvideo AVI?

Carl Zwanzig cpz at tuunq.com
Tue Dec 18 06:53:54 EET 2018

On 12/17/2018 3:39 PM, dan9er wrote:
> I said in my original post that these artifacted files are renders from a
> movie editing program called MovieShaker. The raw files do not have the
> artifacts.
Are these recent edits or ancient (it looks like movieshaker is >15 years
old)? No chance of re-editing with more modern software? (I'll assume not.)

Any artifact that impairs the image is lost information, so removing it
means either masking it off or interpolating from the surrounding areas.
ffmpeg may be the wrong tool for the job, you might want to look at things
like lightworks or da vinci resolve.

Later,

z!