[FFmpeg-user] remove audio in the latest version windows 20180429-19c3df0-win64-static

Carl Eugen Hoyos ceffmpeg at gmail.com
Mon Apr 30 20:53:56 EEST 2018

> Since the last version something must have changed because it doesn't work
> as it should, or at least not as it always has.
> I have a file with 2 audio tracks and I want to remove one of them,the file
> has three tracks, one video track and two audio tracks,in previous versions
> I usually do the following:
> ffmpeg-i imput.avi -map 0:0 -vcodec copy -map 0:1 -acodec copy
> -map 0:2 -an aoutput.avi

As Moritz correctly explained, it would be a bug if some versions
of FFmpeg write audio to the output file although -an was
specified.

Just to avoid any confusion: FFmpeg is not an avi file editor, it
cannot "remove" audio from any media file, FFmpeg can read
and write avi files, so you can write a new avi file with selected
audio and video.