[FFmpeg-user] remove audio in the latest version windows 20180429-19c3df0-win64-static

Moritz Barsnick barsnick at gmx.net
Mon Apr 30 19:11:54 EEST 2018

On Mon, Apr 30, 2018 at 15:50:55 +0000, juan carlos rebate wrote:
> I have a file with 2 audio tracks and I want to remove one of them,the file
> has three tracks, one video track and two audio tracks,in previous versions
> I usually do the following:
> ffmpeg-i imput.avi -map 0:0 -vcodec copy -map 0:1 -acodec copy -map 0:2 -an
> aoutput.avi
> instead of removing only one, both are removed,but the wiki indicates the
> steps that I have described,Could someone tell me how to do this correctly
> for the new version?

Hi Juan Carlos, you've been on the list long enough to understand that
it is much, MUCH easier to understand what ffmpeg is doing if you give
us the complete, uncut console of your ffmpeg command. There's so much
valuable information there! In this particular case, you should also
show us the output with the older version of ffmpeg, if it's still
available to you. Please do this.

I have my doubts that you ever managed to copy any audio tracks with
that command (or it was a bug previously), as you are giving "-an",
which means:

"Disable audio recording."

Cheers,
Moritz