[FFmpeg-user] Matroska Container, FFV1 Codec and GPU Encoding

Wilk, Sebastian Sebastian.Wilk at stud.hs-coburg.de
Thu Sep 14 11:50:07 EEST 2017

Hello everyone,

I was unable to locate my answer in the vastness of the internet and the forums alike, so I'll post my question here.

If I want to encode videos using the matroskacontainer (mkv) and the FFV1 codec, am I limited to CPU only or can GPUs be used as well?

I checked the manufactures specs and googled to my heart's content but wasn't able to find a proper answer.

Judging by the fact that the hardware specs do not list the codec, I suspect it is not possible, but I prefer to have confirmation from someone who actually has a clue about this.

Kind regards from Germany

Cheers