[FFmpeg-user] Regarding using ffmpeg

Moritz Barsnick barsnick at gmx.net
Wed Mar 22 22:29:47 EET 2017

On Wed, Mar 22, 2017 at 04:04:46 +0000, Alexandru Tudoran wrote:
> I'm using ffmpeg encoder along with x264 on a raspberry pi to video stream
> on a web application using  NodeJS. The client side uses a JSMpeg decoder
> which from what i read is a MPEG-1 decoder.

You can't use x264 for that (and you may not have wanted to imply
that). JSMpeg apparently supports MPEG-1 video with MPEG-2 audio in
MPEG-TS containers. ffmpeg is perfectly capable of creating this.

> Even though the streaming works perfectly

It already does? What are you missing then?

> it possible to encode the images using ffmpeg and decode them using JSMpeg.

"the images"? You need to be more precise in your description of what
you are trying to achieve.

Did you read this?
https://github.com/phoboslab/jsmpeg/blob/master/README.md

Almost all the answers are there. There are even several examples of
how to use ffmpeg for this.

Moritz