[FFmpeg-user] Seeking for a method to remove sections of a video

Carlos E. R. robin.listas at telefonica.net
Sat Jun 17 21:17:48 EEST 2017

On 2017-06-17 18:33, Kieran O Leary wrote:
> Hi,
>
> On Sat, Jun 17, 2017 at 2:30 PM, Carlos E. R. <>
> wrote:
>
>> Hi,
>>
>> I'm new to this list.
>>
>> I'm seeking for a tool to remove the start and end sections of a movie
>> recorded from TV, plus sections on the middle (commercials), in Linux. I
>> have tried several GUI tools and they are either too complex or lack
>> some crucial feature (like handling two language audio tracks). Some
>> tools are obsolete and abandoned, do not work (gopchop...).
>>

> I haven't had much success with this tool as the codec choices are too
> limited, but as you didn't mention which codecs you use, this might work:
> https://github.com/mifi/lossless-cut
> Not sure how it handles multiple audio tracks but I'd imagine a quick
> change of the source code would rectify that.

I did not mention codecs, because the idea is just to generate a script with the correct cutpoints for use with ffmpeg:

ffmpeg -i "tvmovie.mpeg" -copyts -ss 00:01:00 -t 02:44:10 -map 0:0 -map 0:1 -map 0:2 -c:v libx264 -preset medium -vf crop=1886:802:0:140 -c:a copy "output.mkv"

I only need some GUI that generates the --ss and -t or -to, the rest I can do myself.

--
Cheers / Saludos,

		Carlos E. R.