[FFmpeg-user] Seeking for a method to remove sections of a video

Kieran O Leary kieran.o.leary at gmail.com
Sat Jun 17 19:33:02 EEST 2017

Hi,

On Sat, Jun 17, 2017 at 2:30 PM, Carlos E. R. <robin.listas at telefonica.net>
wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I'm new to this list.
>
> I'm seeking for a tool to remove the start and end sections of a movie
> recorded from TV, plus sections on the middle (commercials), in Linux. I
> have tried several GUI tools and they are either too complex or lack
> some crucial feature (like handling two language audio tracks). Some
> tools are obsolete and abandoned, do not work (gopchop...).

I haven't had much success with this tool as the codec choices are too
limited, but as you didn't mention which codecs you use, this might work:
https://github.com/mifi/lossless-cut
Not sure how it handles multiple audio tracks but I'd imagine a quick
change of the source code would rectify that.

-Kieran.