[FFmpeg-user] Poor quality output when converting avi to mp4

Ute Willmore uwillmore at remotegeo.com
Wed Jul 26 22:28:28 EEST 2017

Carl Eugen,

My supervisor told me that this happens only when we save the video to a
DVR after recording it, and then download it to a PC to play it. If the
video is NOT saved to the DVR, i.e. downloaded to the PC from the video
camera, the video is fine and conversion/scaling is no problem.

I hope this helps to narrow down the problem for you.
Thanks for filing the bug report.

Ute