[FFmpeg-user] Trimming a MOV creating out-of-sync, under-length result

Stuart Bruce stuartrbruce at gmail.com
Sat Dec 23 16:08:37 EET 2017

On 23 December 2017 at 11:14, Gyan Doshi <gyandoshi at gmail.com> wrote:

> Add -x264opts b_pyramid=0 i.e.
>
>     -i "OutputTests_24p_v2.mov" -ss 00:00:04.041 -t 00:00:02.720 -r 24
>     -x264opts b_pyramid=0 "AR0000003_H264-FF_v20.mov"
>
> See https://superuser.com/q/1119072/114058

Thanks very much Gyan for the prompt and completely accurate response.
Adding that extra b_pyramid=0 option sorts it all out and creates video
files which display perfectly in both Premiere and Media Composer.

One thing I did notice when first testing your suggestion was that it seems
OK so long as I've added a -vcodec specification for the output. If I don't
specify -vcodec, the problem seems to persist; but since I'm happy to add a
-vcodec option, then I didn't test this very much and it's not a problem
for my needs.

Thanks again

Stuart

--