[FFmpeg-user] ffmpeg built static, yet "libopenjp2.so.7: cannot open shared object file"

Carl Eugen Hoyos ceffmpeg at gmail.com
Mon Aug 14 14:51:07 EEST 2017

> frankly without -ffat-lto-objects libx264 and/or the comibnation of static
> libx264 and static ffmpeg just don't build

The option should not be needed if your toolchain correctly supports
lto (and it is not needed here). Is it possible that you have to add it
because your build is not really an lto build (since something in your
toolchain - like ar - destroys the lto information but thanks to this option,
compilation succeeds)?

In any case: How exactly (without a script) can I reproduce?

> - it took my a lot of time to
> figure out how to get all this crap built
>
> a) static at all

Your binaries are not static.
(ldd would show no useful output for a static binary, see below)

> b) lto enabled

--enable-lto

> c) hardened

--toolchain=hardened

Carl Eugen

$ file ffmpeg
ffmpeg: ELF 64-bit LSB executable, x86-64, version 1 (SYSV),
statically linked, stripped
$ ldd ffmpeg
        not a dynamic executable