[FFmpeg-user] ffmpeg built static, yet "libopenjp2.so.7: cannot open shared object file"

Reindl Harald h.reindl at thelounge.net
Mon Aug 14 12:04:51 EEST 2017

Am 14.08.2017 um 10:53 schrieb Carl Eugen Hoyos:

>>   --extra-cflags="%{optflags} -Ofast -ffast-math -funsafe-math-optimizations
>> -Wno-pointer-sign -minline-all-stringops -fno-strict-aliasing -flto
>> -ffat-lto-objects -fuse-ld=gold -fuse-linker-plugin" \
>>   --extra-ldflags="-Wl,--as-needed -Wl,-z,now -Wl,-z,relro -Wl,-z,noexecstack
>> %{optflags} -Ofast -ffast-math -funsafe-math-optimizations -Wno-pointer-sign
>> -minline-all-stringops -fno-strict-aliasing -flto -ffat-lto-objects
>> -fuse-ld=gold -fuse-linker-plugin" \
>
> Just to make sure: Binaries with such excessive extra-flags
> cannot be used for bug reports, a default build will be requested.
>
> (configure options both for lto builds and more "secure" binaries
> exist, if -Ofast has any testable advantage with FFmpeg, *please*

frankly without -ffat-lto-objects libx264 and/or the comibnation of
static libx264 and static ffmpeg just don't build - it took my a lot of
time to figure out how to get all this crap built

a) static at all
b) lto enabled
c) hardened

[root at rh:~]$ /usr/bin/hardening-check /usr/local/bin/ffmpeg
/usr/local/bin/ffmpeg:
  Position Independent Executable: yes
  Stack protected: yes
  Fortify Source functions: yes (some protected functions found)
  Read-only relocations: yes
  Immediate binding: yes