[FFmpeg-user] tools for viewing frames and results

Xen list at xenhideout.nl
Sun Oct 9 01:24:10 EEST 2016

Is there any way in Linux to obtain an accurate frame/time number
through a GUI that can be used with ffmpeg?

I know Avidemux hardly works at all, VLC will not reliably show frames.

Pitivi is not an option, I haven't tried Kdenlive because it crashed the
first time I used it.

Haven't attempted OpenShot or Cinerella and "DragonPlayer" is too
worthless to exist.

What is a good tool to view results after you've created a video?
Because VLC closes its window and constantly resizes stuff it is not
very suitable.

GMplayer in Debian doesn't work. (Kubuntu).

Regards.