[FFmpeg-user] (no subject)

Carl Eugen Hoyos cehoyos at ag.or.at
Sun Jul 24 19:47:17 EEST 2016

Phil Rhodes <phil_rhodes <at> rocketmail.com> writes:

> That's his problem - it's nothing to do with you.

This is (unfortunately!) not correct:
As you have pointed out, I give support to users on this
mailing list. Where I live, I may be made responsible for
not telling users that they are using (old) versions of
FFmpeg that do have known issues.
This is also the reason why avconv (that has a usually
identical syntax as ffmpeg) cannot be supported on this
mailing list: It has both security issues and known
encoding issues, so we - imo - have to tell people that
it is not supported here.

[...]

> I have no idea why you insist on this campaign of hatred
> against anyone who attempts to use this list outside
> of your personal and microscopically-narrow definition of
> acceptability. Almost every post you make exhibits
> complete contempt for the people you're addressing.

We did accept all kinds of insults in the past.
Please understand that this has changed now, you are not
allowed anymore to speak open on our mailing lists, you
have to suppress you arrogant manors.

Please fix your quoting, Carl Eugen