[FFmpeg-user] Does ffmpeg have options to increase speed of ffmpeg scaling command?

Carl Eugen Hoyos cehoyos at ag.or.at
Tue Jul 5 12:10:47 CEST 2016

Dmitry Kazakov <Dmitry.Kazakov <at> EF.com> writes:

> --enable-runtime-cpudetect --enable-pthreads
> --disable-shared --enable-static --extra-cxxflags=

These have no effect (and make debugging more difficult).

> --enable-yasm

This has no effect, in combination with --arch=arm,
it looks stupid.

> --enable-pic

Is this needed?
If yes, I'd be interested why.
Does it have a performance effect?

> --extra-cflags='
> -U_FORTIFY_SOURCE -D_FORTIFY_SOURCE=2 -fno-strict-overflow
> -fstack-protector-all'
> --extra-ldflags='
> -Wl,-z,relro -Wl,-z,now -pie'

If you have a performance issue, I'd start with removing these.

> --extra-libs='-lpng -lexpat -lm'

This looks very strange / please try to avoid using
broken scripts.

Did you test different swscale options?

Please do not top-post here, Carl Eugen