[FFmpeg-user] low quality video using raspberry pi

shuvro majumder shuvromaj at gmail.com
Sun Feb 21 07:00:18 CET 2016

Hello, I am trying to take very low quality video using raspberry pi and a
usb webcam. For this firstly I took 320p video and then converted it to
h264 by this:

ffmpeg -f video4linux2 -s 320*240 -r 20 -i /dev/video0 out.mpg

ffmpeg -i out.mpg -c:v libx264 -preset slower -crf 30 -c:a copy output.h264

Is it possible to make a video of lower quality without converting? It
it possible to make a video of lower quality than this? If I try to
save h264 directly writing out.h264, frame-rate decreases with time,
and it becomes 6-7 fps after some time.