[FFmpeg-user] [Fedora] Installing from source

Roman romeo.r at gmail.com
Thu Feb 18 23:12:50 CET 2016

> The error occurred at configure ie before make.  I guess something in that
> configure command was trying to call up the bz2 library, but it wasnt
> anything I added.  I don't know enough about configuring programs to play
> with the source files or anything, I just follow other people's
> instructions!

If you don't know enough about configuring (its not a big deal, I don't
know much also) it means, you don't really need to compile nor build
something from sources (otherwise you'd be an expert already). Its boring
and many times pretty painful process. Just use the static daily builds, do
not build it yourself.

http://johnvansickle.com/ffmpeg/

--
Best regards,