[FFmpeg-user] [Fedora] Installing from source

matt clark liquefry at gmail.com
Thu Feb 18 06:07:24 CET 2016

> But the following is still missing;-(
> $ pkg-config --libs freetype2

here's the result of that on my system:

$ pkg-config --libs freetype2

-lfreetype

> (Or the info who added -bz2 to your linking command)

I mentioned a couple of times that I followed the wiki article for
installing from source
(https://trac.ffmpeg.org/wiki/CompilationGuide/Centos) exactly.
I didn't add any of my own commands or flags, or remove any from what the
wiki told me to do.  I could repeat all those commands here if you like but
I'm not sure how that would help?  The relevant section is:

git clone http://source.ffmpeg.org/git/ffmpeg.git
cd ffmpeg
PKG_CONFIG_PATH="$HOME/ffmpeg_build/lib/pkgconfig" ./configure
--prefix="$HOME/ffmpeg_build"
--extra-cflags="-I$HOME/ffmpeg_build/include"
--extra-ldflags="-L$HOME/ffmpeg_build/lib" --bindir="$HOME/bin"
--pkg-config-flags="--static" --enable-gpl --enable-nonfree
--enable-libfdk-aac --enable-libfreetype --enable-libmp3lame
--enable-libopus --enable-libvorbis --enable-libvpx --enable-libx264
--enable-libx265
make
make install
make distclean
hash -r

The error occurred at configure ie before make.  I guess something in that
configure command was trying to call up the bz2 library, but it wasnt
anything I added.  I don't know enough about configuring programs to play
with the source files or anything, I just follow other people's
instructions!