[FFmpeg-user] [Fedora] Installing from source

Reindl Harald h.reindl at thelounge.net
Tue Feb 16 10:43:50 CET 2016

Am 16.02.2016 um 03:30 schrieb matt clark:
> Using the wiki https://trac.ffmpeg.org/wiki/CompilationGuide/Centos to
> successfully compile ffmpeg on Fedora 21 I hit an error and needed to make
> a fix so I thought I'd post it here in case someone wants to add it to the
> wiki (not sure if I can do this?).
>
> Anyway  I was getting a "freetype2 not found" error on compiling before
> this.  I had freetype-devel installed but there was an additional missing
> dependancy:
>
>      yum install bzip2-devel
>
> I installed this package based on the following error in config.log after
> trying to configure the source:
>
> /usr/bin/ld: cannot find -lbz2

> I have bzip2 installed but needed the devel package so configure could find
> the lbz2 library.

normal for building software from sources

> I also did the following (as root) - not sure if it was needed though as I
> did it before installing the bzip2-devel package.  Source -
> http://ffmpeg.org/pipermail/ffmpeg-user/2014-July/022603.html
>
>     ln -sf /usr/include/freetype2 /usr/include/freetype2/freetype
>
> Hope this helps someone!

what are you doing here? "make install" without packages defining build
and runtime dependencies?

fetch the src.rpm from rpmfusion, modify the SPEC file and you are done

see attachments to get ffmpeg static with a static libx264 on Fedora
working fine for many years now and the point is: it don't collide with
rpmfusion packages