[FFmpeg-user] How to deinterlace a 25fps (50i tff content) video with FFplay and output it as 50p?

Carl Eugen Hoyos cehoyos at ag.or.at
Fri Oct 23 16:15:07 CEST 2015

Christoph Gerstbauer <christophgerstbauer <at> gmail.com> writes:

> ffplay test.avi -vf yadif=1
>
> does not work for me, too.

Unfortunately, "does not work" is not something I can
help you with, sorry.
(In no language)

Note that FFplay is more a testing application and less
a video player (like vlc or MPlayer). There are probably
a dozen reasons why yadif=1 does not work with Zeranoe
builds but I strongly suspect most developers couldn't
care less. Especially since an external library we
cannot control is the most likely reason (your refresh
rate comes second).
If you want to deinterlace and transcode, use
ffmpeg -i input -vf yadif=1 ...
If you need a deinterlacer when watching videos, don't
use FFplay. (YMMV)

Carl Eugen

PS: Maybe -vf yadif=1,fps=50 really helps, and this may
really be a bug (or a regression).