[FFmpeg-user] avconv stream to ustream dies after 2 hours

John Ellenberger johne at jellenberger.org
Mon Mar 23 11:22:44 CET 2015

As a follow-up...

I took the advice and built ffmpeg from source (which takes several hours
on the Raspberry Pi).   I then used the native camera command to pipe
through ffmpeg as follows:

raspivid -t 0 -w 960 -h 540 -fps 25 -b 500000 -o - | /usr/local/bin/ffmpeg
-i - -vcodec copy -an -metadata title="Streaming from raspberry pi camera"
-f flv [ustream-url]/[ustream-key]

This has been running for 24 hours.  The key is the -t 0 which tells the pi
camera command to stream forever.

John

--
John Ellenberger