[FFmpeg-user] ffmpeg extremely high consumption

Moritz Barsnick barsnick at gmx.net
Sat Jun 13 14:08:27 CEST 2015

Hi En,

On Fri, Jun 12, 2015 at 14:23:24 -0400, En Figureo Canal wrote:
> Now, what other options are there using libx264, if any?

Well, have you read my email? Why do I go to the trouble of writing
those things if you don't engage with it.

E.g.:

> > If you showed us the complete, uncut output, we could see what the
> > specs of your streams are and whether something is wrong. This way,
> > without more info, we don't even know which resolution your material
> > has.

Have you shown us your uncut console output?

And:

> > - use a different preset (e.g. "-preset fast")
> > and experiment with both.
> > You could even copy the input stream, if its specs are sufficient. That
> > reduces CPU significantly.

Have you tried these things? What have you experimented? If the "fast"
preset doesn't suffice, try "ultrafast". Honestly, there can be a large
CPU difference. (I have achieved 3x from "faster" to "ultrafast" with
SD TV material.)

Another thing: Is your libx264 and ffmpeg compiled with proper yasm support?

Moritz