[FFmpeg-user] ffmpeg extremely high consumption

En Figureo Canal figureo56.com at gmail.com
Fri Jun 12 20:23:24 CEST 2015

I've noticed that the cpu goes wild when I use libx264, it doesn't matter
if I reduce the quality ( -crf 30 ).

If I don't use it, then the cpu stress stays at around 90-98%.

Now, the video quality can't be compared. the libx264 compression is great
but the stream freezes while playing but, the without it is not even worth
viewing.

Now, what other options are there using libx264, if any?

Thanks for replying.