[FFmpeg-user] Increase ffmpeg memory footprint?

Moritz Barsnick barsnick at gmx.net
Wed Dec 16 09:59:46 CET 2015

On Tue, Dec 15, 2015 at 15:12:20 -0800, Ned Rockson wrote:
> Of course -- I'm constantly receiving warnings saying "could not allocate
> memory" and I'm assuming this has something to do with limitations set
> within the program as my machine has over 2 GB of free memory (according to
> /proc/meminfo).

Ah, so you're observing an issue with ffmpeg.

Could you show us the ffmpeg command line and the complete, uncut
console output (if it isn't cluttered with hundreds of such warnings -
else cut them off after a few or edit the middle out).

Assuming these messages are from ffmpeg: ffmpeg doesn't set
restrictions on itself which would lead to these messages.

Moritz