[FFmpeg-user] frame by frame scrub h264/mov issues?

Brice brice at secretlab.net
Wed Dec 9 22:41:38 CET 2015

Thanks for the response guys.

Looks like the solution may have been a combo of both responses.

I upgraded to 2.8.3 and frame by frame scrubbing was better but still
slow.  At least QT didn't hang anymore.

Then I added the "expr:" prefix to the -force_key_frames option.  Looks
like Ryan was right and it defaults to the "Time" format rather than
expression.

The updated cmd looks like:

-force_key_frames expr: 1

This seems to work as intended and I can scrub frame by frame in pretty
much anything I play it in.  The only exception is the 64bit decoder in
Nuke.

I get the following error:  "FFmpeg Reader failed to find timing reference
frame, possible file corruption."

Works fine when I select the 32bit decoder though.