[FFmpeg-user] frame by frame scrub h264/mov issues?

Moritz Barsnick barsnick at gmx.net
Wed Dec 9 15:50:18 CET 2015

Hi Brice,

On Tue, Dec 08, 2015 at 16:02:50 -0800, Brice wrote:

> ffmpeg -start_number 0000476 -f image2 -r 24 -i <PATH><SEQ>.%07d.jpg
>  -vcodec libx264 -acodec libfaac -r 23.976 -qp 22 -pix_fmt yuv420p
>  -movflags +faststart -force_key_frames 1 <PATH><QTNAME>.mov -y

As Ryan pointed out, you are probably not using key frames correctly,
and perhaps have only one keyframe in the whole output file. If you had
attached the full uncut console output of your ffmpeg command, we
perhaps could have identified that. Please always do so.

OTOH, I tried for myself, and got more than one key frame, despite the
command line argument.

> ffmpeg version 2.3.2

Please, first and foremost, try a new version of ffmpeg first. This one
is 15 months old, and a lot of work goes into ffmpeg in the run of 15
months. If your issue turns out to be a bug and not a usage issue, it
would be annoying to have debugged such an outdated version of the
tool.

Moritz