[FFmpeg-user] Unexpected FFmpeg and avconv Result Difference

Moritz Barsnick barsnick at gmx.net
Mon Aug 10 09:44:55 CEST 2015

On Mon, Aug 10, 2015 at 02:31:14 -0500, Quinn Wood wrote:
> > What is wrong with the output of FFmpeg?
> >
> The output of FFmpeg seems fine. I want to know why it works in FFmpeg and
> not avconv- or more accurately what "problem" FFmpeg is allowing to happen
> that avconv is not- so I can determine whether or not avconv is worth
> fighting with.

They are two different programs with differing bugs and features.
What's more, your avconv seems to be a tad older (it hosts a 2014
copyright), while your ffmpeg is up-to-date. You can probably go into
the respective git repos and compare commit by commit. ;-)

It's probably more useful asking on the mailing list of the program
which _doesn't_ work, instead of asking here why ffmpeg works and the
avconv not. :)

Moritz