[FFmpeg-user] Video Duration Corruption

Edoceo, Inc. edoceo at gmail.com
Fri Aug 7 18:01:21 CEST 2015

On Fri, Aug 7, 2015 at 3:17 AM, Carl Eugen Hoyos <cehoyos at ag.or.at> wrote:

> Edoceo, Inc. <edoceo <at> gmail.com> writes:
>
> >   Duration: 22668:23:00.86, start: 0.000000, bitrate: 0 kb/s
>
> Is there software that shows correct duration for
> this sample?
> Note that if the mkv header contains this duration,
> there is not much we can do.

I don't have software that displays correctly, my systems are all Linux and
many of the video tools are built with the same libs as ffmpeg, or use it
directly.  Victims of your own success I suppose :p

VLC for example shows a negative start time, some negative numbers on the
timeline-shuttle and the video crashes after a few seconds.

Using a static build of ffplay from yesterday (2015-08-06) it can "power
through" and the video plays but has some freezes, size jumps and odd
timestamps displayed on seek.  Sometimes I think I should just play with
ffplay and use ffmpeg to grab that part of the screen :/

> And more important: How was this file created? It
> looks suspicious here...

A vendor supplies this media, we don't have any control or visibility to
the quality.  Some are good, no issues.  Some are terrible.  I'm trying to
make them "sane"

/djb