[FFmpeg-user] How can I simplify these two scale calculations?

ogrgkyle phthluar at gmail.com
Thu Aug 6 23:15:22 CEST 2015

Here is my command:

How can I simplify the two "scale" calculations into one?  (The first one
converts to square pixels, and the second one sets the resolution to 1/3 of
the original dimensions.)  Also, can you suggest anything else to improve
encoding efficiency without sacrificing quality?  (The quality settings are
already really low and I don't want to lower them further.)

Thanks!