[FFmpeg-user] How to map specific audio channels in MPTS stream

Ilir Pruthi ipruthi at gmail.com
Sun Sep 14 00:12:08 CEST 2014

On Sat, Sep 13, 2014 at 3:28 PM, Carl Eugen Hoyos <cehoyos at ag.or.at> wrote:

> Ilir Pruthi <ipruthi <at> gmail.com> writes:
>
> > $ ffmpeg -i "udp:// <at> MY_IP_ADDRESS:XXXX?overrun_nonfatal=1&reuse=1"
> > -map 0:p:11 -map 0:28  -vcodec libx264 -acodec copy
> > -t 30 -f mpegts -y program11.ts
>
> Please provide your command line together with the
> complete, uncut console output (sensible information
> cut if necessary).
>
> Allow me to add what I often write here:
> I believe FFmpeg may not be the right tool for this
> task. If all you want to do is save a transport stream
> use mplayer -dumpstream or even better just pipe the
> stream into a file. FFmpeg may fail on a reception
> error and damage your recording.
> Once you made the recording, you can use FFmpeg to
> change resolution etc. if needed.

Hello Carl and thank you for replying.

The MPTS stream was "fixed" after I requested from sending party to modify
the MPTS so it does not contain dead tracks. Unfortunately, I have not
saved the full output and cannot reproduce it now. But the last message was
that FFmpeg could not continue decoding because of the multiple broken
audio tracks in each program. That's why I thought it's possible to select
tracks via FFmpeg's -map parameter.

Theoretically, however, do you know if/how to achieve the following in
FFmpeg:
* For each program, select specific video and audio track and copy them to
a UDP port

Would you happen to know the correct -map notation to achieve this?

Thank you for your time and help.

-Ilir