[FFmpeg-user] How to map specific audio channels in MPTS stream

Carl Eugen Hoyos cehoyos at ag.or.at
Sat Sep 13 21:28:38 CEST 2014

Ilir Pruthi <ipruthi <at> gmail.com> writes:

> $ ffmpeg -i "udp:// <at> MY_IP_ADDRESS:XXXX?overrun_nonfatal=1&reuse=1"
> -map 0:p:11 -map 0:28  -vcodec libx264 -acodec copy
> -t 30 -f mpegts -y program11.ts

Please provide your command line together with the
complete, uncut console output (sensible information
cut if necessary).

Allow me to add what I often write here:
I believe FFmpeg may not be the right tool for this
task. If all you want to do is save a transport stream
use mplayer -dumpstream or even better just pipe the
stream into a file. FFmpeg may fail on a reception
error and damage your recording.
Once you made the recording, you can use FFmpeg to
change resolution etc. if needed.