[FFmpeg-user] http timeout not working?

Brandon Lees f4lconx at gmail.com
Wed Nov 12 16:30:20 CET 2014

> > I'm using ffmpeg to capture video from an ip camera using:
> >
> > ffmpeg -y -f mjpeg -analyzeduration 0 -probesize 32
> > -use_wallclock_as_timestamps 1 -timeout 10 -i http://
>
> This malicious option takes ns so you probably want:
> -timeout 10000000
>
> Carl Eugen

I tried your suggestion for various values, 10000, 10000000, etc but do not
seem to get any different behavior. I forgot to mention earlier, if it
makes any difference, I am running ffmpeg on windows with the binary build
from ffmpeg.zeranoe.com. I can attach the console output if it would help,
but even with debug output on, everything seems to be running normally then
everything abruptly stops when the camera is disconnected.

Any idea what might be going on?

Thanks,

Brandon