[FFmpeg-user] Reversed order of video audio after audio merging (0:0 audio, 0:1 video)

Christoph Gerstbauer christophgerstbauer at gmail.com
Wed May 28 13:46:17 CEST 2014

Am 28.05.2014 13:38, schrieb Carl Eugen Hoyos:
> Christoph Gerstbauer <christophgerstbauer <at> gmail.com> writes:
>
>> mkv, would be better as avi, but we need an archive format
>> which can be opened by standard transcoders or editing
>> tools (Mainconcept, carbon, premiere).
> Do they really read ffv1 in avi?
> I didn't know this.
>
> If they do, avi is indeed the way to go.
> But please test large files, FFmpeg apparently does not
> create them correctly.
Yes the do, if you use a filterpack like LAV filter or ffdhsow-tryouts
FFmpeg does not create AVI files correctly when the are big? how big?
Depending on filelength or on filesize?
With MKV there would be no problem, I guess. Right?

>> The problem with mkv is, it is not supported in
>> "professional" transcoder tools because it is mainly used
>> for bluray/dvd rips and so on...
> You may have wanted to insult somebody but I fear the
> creators of Matroska are not reading this mailing list.
>
> Seriously: avi is simply because of its age not able to
> store most modern codecs, mkv is.
>
>> MXF Op1a would be the best solution for this archive
>> codecs -> ffv1 will be much more accepted in the
>> "professional" video world.
> I wonder what is "professional" about having as many
> interpretations of a specification as implementation.
>
> (I have heard rumours that if you create mxf with one
> application, it is quite unlikely that any other
> application will be able to read the file.)
Yes, you are right ;) Thats why i set the word "professional with
quotation marks ;)
MXF is not a container, it is a toolset. But it is widely used.
And that is also the cause "MXF LEGALIZER" tools are comming up more and
more.
As said above: If MKV would be supported widely from the big standard
transcoding tools and editing tools...
....this would be awesome.