[FFmpeg-user] Problem splicing files

Andrew Sinclair ajsinclair at gmail.com
Thu Jul 24 05:54:32 CEST 2014

Hi Carl,

Firstly very good point in that splicing might be a somewhat old school
term for joining film... https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k66pLxyMQGI

Anyhow ffmpeg term is concat filter. Basically I am taking a single source
a desired target encoding, fps etc and concat'ing a number of other files
in various timeslots in the original clips to support either an edit list
or ad insertion.

The output file was in my original note:
http://bucket01.mscreentv.com.s3.amazonaws.com/ffmpeg_tests/test_out.mp4

If you seek to around 10seconds you will see one of the issues where ffplay
reports:
[h264 @ 0x7fa11e023400] Reinit context to 640x368, pix_fmt: yuv420p

Do you know what this means exactly?

But the actual frames are 640x360 even if I inspect them all with ffprobe

Note I think I fixed the audio sync problem by forcing the encodes to use
the same -ar 44100 as previously there was some variation there