[FFmpeg-user] ffmpeg for a joomla video website

Jan Ehrhardt phpdev at ehrhardt.nl
Sun Jul 20 17:13:18 CEST 2014

Orest Hasa in gmane.comp.video.ffmpeg.user (Tue, 15 Jul 2014 10:00:59
+0200):
>Do I need to install ffmpeg-php, if yes can you please send me a
>tutorial our server is centos 6.5.

If you want direct access from within PHP to the videofiles, I would not
recommend ffmpeg-php. With some trouble you can get it to compile, but
only with FFmpeg 0.6:

ffmpeg-php version	 	0.6.0-svn
ffmpeg-php built on 		Jun 29 2013 14:06:13
ffmpeg-php gd support 		disabled
ffmpeg libavcodec version 	Lavc52.72.2
ffmpeg libavformat version 	Lavf52.64.2
ffmpeg swscaler version 	SwS0.11.0

There is e new PHP extension which uses FFmpeg: php-av.
Documentation: https://github.com/chung-leong/av/wiki

Jan