[FFmpeg-user] ffmpeg for a joomla video website

David Favor david at davidfavor.com
Sat Jul 19 18:46:14 CEST 2014

Orest Hasa wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I installed the ffmpeg with the help of the following tutorial:
>
> http://trac.ffmpeg.org/wiki/CompilationGuide/Centos
>
> Now that compile proces is done what else should I do, so we can
> integrate the ffmpeg withing a video site.
>
> Do I need to install ffmpeg-php, if yes can you please send me a
> tutorial our server is centos 6.5.
>
> Thanks in advance,
> Orest

Expand/Clarify your question a bit + likely someone can help.

For example, if you're simply serving videos, all you require is
to transcode as .mp4 files with a -bufsize:v set large enough to
only buffer a few seconds of video (based on your video's bitrate)...

And...

You're done.

You may also require adding -movflags +faststart, although this seems
to be done by default now.