[FFmpeg-user] a -vf for broadcast safe

Carl Eugen Hoyos cehoyos at ag.or.at
Tue Feb 11 23:52:17 CET 2014

Jim Shupert <jshupert <at> pps-inc.com> writes:

> by broadcast safe i mean
> http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Broadcast-safe

This looks like a page dedicated to analogue
video to me (something that FFmpeg by definition
cannot support).
But it actually doesn't matter: I suggest you
encode whatever you find realistic enough with
FFmpeg and if the output isn't what you (or
actually: the broadcaster) expects, you tell
us (ie command line, complete, uncut console
output, point to the input sample and explain
what's wrong).

I am not really convinced a filter is the right
solution (although it may not be very difficult
to implement): If FFmpeg does not confirm to
what you ask it to do, it is a bug anyway and
should probably not be fixed with a filter...