[FFmpeg-user] Transport Stream (.ts) with ac3 audio

Carl Eugen Hoyos cehoyos at ag.or.at
Sat Feb 8 13:01:44 CET 2014

relaht <at> gmx.de <relaht <at> gmx.de> writes:

> I made a lot of test these days and I find out it
> is very easy to verify the issue on Mac OSX (I
> tested on version 10.8.2 - Mountain Lion)
> With a regular .ts file (including ac3-audio) the
> finder will show a thumbnail of the movie and you
> can preview it by pressing the space bar.
> With a .ts file created by FFmpeg, the finder
> shows only an icon and you can not preview it.

I am nearly sure that this is completely unrelated.
(Even if it turns out I am wrong, I don't think it
helps at all.)

In this thread, a link to the specification that
(likely!!) has to implemented to fix your issue -
there is no guarantee though - was posted. If you
know how to code C, please try implementing and
testing it.
(You are probably right that it isn't rocket
science to replace the current default behaviour,
which would be a very good starting point.)
As said, the files produced by FFmpeg work fine
in several players (WMP among them) and no
developer is able to test this (to the best of
my knowledge), so this is not very likely to get
implemented soon.