[FFmpeg-user] VFR jpg files to MJPEG video

Carl Eugen Hoyos cehoyos at ag.or.at
Fri Feb 7 15:01:46 CET 2014

MiHe <video-server <at> aab.sk> writes:

> > Why don't you use FFmpeg to receive the frames directly
> > from the camera?

> that was my first solution but it has many drawbacks,
> which are too off topic.

off-topic in the sense that your work-flow somehow
requires you not to use FFmpeg for that task or off-topic
in the sense that you found so many issues with FFmpeg
that you prefer to keep them for yourself?
(There are many users who unfortunately believe that
problems with open-source software may disappear by
itself without any specific action.)