[FFmpeg-user] turning a video upside down without reencoding

meino.cramer at gmx.de meino.cramer at gmx.de
Mon Feb 3 19:08:03 CET 2014

Matt Zagrabelny <mzagrabe at d.umn.edu> [14-02-03 18:44]:
> Hi mcc,
>

> On Mon, Feb 3, 2014 at 11:36 AM,  <meino.cramer at gmx.de> wrote:
> > Hi,
> >
> > Is it possible to turn a video upside down without reencoding it OR
> > to set a flag in the file so that mplayer/ffplay will play it upside
> > down?
>
> From the mplayer man page:
>
>        EXAMPLE MPLAYER CONFIGURATION FILE:
>
>        # Use Matrox driver by default.
>        vo=xmga
>        # I love practicing handstands while watching videos.
>        flip=yes
>        # Decode/encode multiple files from PNG,
>        # start with mf://filemask
>        mf=type=png:fps=25
>        # Eerie negative images are cool.
>        vf=eq2=1.0:-0.8
>
> I only searched for the word, 'flip'. If you do that you'll probably
> come across the flag.
>
> -mz

...and you found what I have found already. Additonal you didnt read my
posting carefully enough.

As I understood the mplayer manpage, the "flip" option must be
set with each call to mplayer. That implies you know the contents of
the video in beforehand. That implies that a mixed bunch of files --
some needs to be flipped, others not -- must be treated individually.

That is not what I have intended.

I want a file which is either flipped physically without reencoding
(and therefore this attribute became part of the file itsself) or
which has a flag set, which instructs a player to flip the video while
playing.

This way all files can be treated the same way.

The configuration file set the "flip" for mplayer and not for files,
from which I dont (want to) know which needs to be flipped or not --
beside the one time, I either flip the file physically (without
reencoding) or set the flag in the file ittself (see above).

Hopefully this made clear, what I want.

mcc